Monday, November 11, 2013

Greetings! I have at last returned to my blog, which is currently rather infantile, but shall grow with time, I imagine. Admittedly, reading a very good book has diverted my attention from writing, but my job as a writer for a magazine also requires my attention. But here I am, and I'd love to tell you a little more about The Pen Maiden!

To begin with, naming this blog was no small task. Is it ever? All of the names I thought of were already taken, and the writer in me insisted on being as original as I could. So what is the story behind the title I chose? I must admit that I have always had a fantasy of being what you might call a sword maiden, such as Eowyn from Lord of the Rings. She is gentle and virtuous, and she believes in standing beside the ones she loves, even in battle. (Not to mention she has gorgeous hair!)
But, alas! I do not live on Middle Earth. Therefore, I decided to think of myself as a pen maiden, and the thought struck me as quite romantic - one of my one weaknesses.

I'll admit, I have been quite reticent to the idea of writing a blog - it seemed like giving in to one more modern trend. And I pride myself in being rather old-fashioned. But several people inspired me to blog, such as Melody and Miss Dashwood  They are both thoroughly old-fashioned friends of mine and I find their blogs quite delightful! So here I am... writing my first official post, ready for the adventure. I love adventures!

The Pen Maiden will be about anything and everything. Writing, books, movies, tea, dancing, knitting, crocheting, sewing, quotes, music, and all those other delightful things that I am so in love with. I consider myself a farmgirl, a cowgirl, a pianist, and a writer. But today I remain yours,


The Pen Maiden

1 comment:

  1. *clap clap clap*
    Delightful!
    And blogging is certainly not a modern trend. ;) At least not in our sphere, haha. Myspace was a modern trend at some point... Tumblr seems modern... but there are a lot of old-fashioned people who do normal blogs. :D

    Looking forward to seeing more posts, m'dear!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts! It makes blogging much less like a one-sided conversation.